About Ed Bottorff
Following my retirement from the Alameda County Fire Department after 30 years of service, I moved from the East Bay to the City of Capitola.
I immediately began meeting people and understanding why so many of them loved to call this their home.
It did not take long for me to realize I was in a very special place. This is the place I plan to spend the rest of my life.
I became involved with citizens groups and local events. I currently serve on a number of committees:
- Parking and Traffic Commission (2010-2012)
- General Plan Advisory Committee -GPAC (2011-2012)
- Capitola Village Residents Association-CVRA Board Member (2012)
- Capitola-Soquel Chamber of Commerce Member (2012)
- Capitola Begonia Festival Silent Auction Fundraiser Chairman (2011-2012)
I feel I have prepared myself to take on a larger role in determining the future direction for the City of Capitola. If elected, with your support, I will represent your interests and carefully guide Capitola to continue to be the place we all love.